Monday, February 8, 2010

How do I get to the ';input code'; mode of an RCA universal remote control?

I have an Universal Remote Control which was given to me by a friend a short while ago. It's an RCA SYSTEMLINK5AV, or at least that what it says. Anyways, I know the remote can be set in a way I can punch in a code to make it work with TVs and VCRs, but I have no idea how, even thought I know the possible codes to my TV. On DirectTV remotes, it's done by pressing simultaneously MUTE and SELECT for five seconds while switched on TV mode, and then the code number of the TV. But I don't know how to do it on this one. I don't have a manual for it and I can't find anything about it on the internet. If you own one of this or have a manual I will be more than grateful if you at least post the way I can get it to work with a TV, so, please help me out. Here's a picture of the remote so you can have an idea of how it looks. It might help answering the question. Thanks a million.





http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p142/鈥?/a>How do I get to the ';input code'; mode of an RCA universal remote control?
Here are the CODES...





http://www.angelfire.com/droid/hyrygi/sy鈥?/a>How do I get to the ';input code'; mode of an RCA universal remote control?
Actually, I was hoping somebody could tell me how to use those codes on my remote, I really have all the possible codes I can use with my remote. And by the way, the link takes you to a website displaying a 404 error which means it cannot be found. But it's OK, you tried your best to answer it.

Report Abuse



That actually looks like the remote that comes with the RCA brand of TV's. As far as reprogramming it for your brand of TV, I don't think it's possible. I had an RCA TV and the remote looked similar. You could program it for VCR's, Stereo's, Cable Boxes etc. But I never heard of it being able to be reprogrammed for a different brand TV.
u gotta shoot urself
Turn on your TV ,press the big red button(TV) and then CODE SEARCH.Wait for TV to turn off then quickly press on TV button again.This is the way I remember but I'm not sure.
  • home theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment