Friday, February 12, 2010

I have a 1990 lumina and the code that keeps coming up is idle air control?

I changed my idle air control valve and the car still boggs and shakes. COuld the same code be my ECR? what else could that code mean. It has a 3.1 anyone please/I have a 1990 lumina and the code that keeps coming up is idle air control?
the first thing i would do would be to pull the iac motor out of throttle body make sure its plugged in and havesomeone turn the key on if the pintle (pointed end at the end of the iac motor) moves then it is working fine. next the throttle bode where the iac is mounted make sure you clean it out with carb clean and a wire brush reinstall iac motor this however usually affects idle under acceleration it wouldnt be a problem. my guess would be the mass air flow sensor located in the air intake tube unplug it and then drive it if it runs beter replace the mass air flow sensor leaving it unplugged will be a temporary fix untill you can get a new one.I have a 1990 lumina and the code that keeps coming up is idle air control?
My goodman, did you clean inside where the IAC seats into? It could be carboned up and not letting the IAC move in. Take it out and look into the bore. If it looks crudedup us carb cleaner spray to clean it out, Try not to let any pieces of carbon get into theTB. good luck
it sounds like the ecm is malfunctioning . it's reading fulse codes. test the ecm and see if its puting out the right codes.
I think it might be the oxygen sensor. My brother had the same problem but that was his car. They sometimes show a false code

No comments:

Post a Comment