Friday, February 12, 2010

I read this code on my 1996 nissan pick-up: P0440 EVAP Emission Control System Malfunction, What does it mean?

What can i do to fix it?I read this code on my 1996 nissan pick-up: P0440 EVAP Emission Control System Malfunction, What does it mean?
The evap system is the system that takes the fumes from the fuel tank. Could be a defective gas cap?I read this code on my 1996 nissan pick-up: P0440 EVAP Emission Control System Malfunction, What does it mean?
check for any leaks in the evaporative system . the evap system controls fumes from your gas tank and prevents them to escape into the atmosphere by putting them through a charcoal canister. gets some info on where the canister is located underneath the truck and inspect it for damage. you might want to just take it to a qualified repair shop.
i'd guess exhaust leak

No comments:

Post a Comment