Saturday, February 6, 2010

Recommendations for a good source code control program?

My office has several different people that work on the same programs, and m y boss has asked me to find a source code control program for managing our Visual Studio 2005 projects and Borland 2007 projects. As I've never used source code control, I'm not even sure what features to look for. Do you have a suggestion for a good source code control program that is relatively inexpensive?Recommendations for a good source code control program?
I have found subversion to be very nice and easy to setup using svnserve. There are two visual studio plugins for it and one shell extention for windows. I will link them below.Recommendations for a good source code control program?
I second the vote for subversion, I would also recommend checking out some subversion as a service providers. I use and like www.projectlocker.com. It comes with an integrated Wiki and issue tracking via trac. It is free to try, and free for small projects and inexpensive for bigger ones.

Report Abuse



Bazaar, it's free.





http://bazaar-vcs.org/





Gotta love open source! :)
Second for Subversion. Free and stellar. Use the TortoiseSVN client with it for a great Windows integrated client.

No comments:

Post a Comment